Can't access the meshtastic.local server

@meshtastic/meshtastic.js is way more stable using 1.2.x device code W/ latest version on npm

1 Like

Would I really need to upload all ~56 files to the device to try that myself?

Right now, it is not ready to upload to the device itself, we still need to work out a suitable build pipeline, eventually we will release a single file to upload, hopefully in the next few days.

2 Likes

Awesome, I see its already down to 34 items! I ran into this again:

Build error occurred
Error [ERR_REQUIRE_ESM]: Must use import to load ES Module: /meshtastic-client-main/node_modules/@meshtastic/meshtasticjs/dist/index.js
require() of ES modules is not supported.
require() of /meshtastic-client-main/node_modules/@meshtastic/meshtasticjs/dist/index.js from /meshtastic-client-main/.next/server/pages/_app.js is an ES module file as it is a .js file whose nearest parent package.json contains “type”: “module” which defines all .js files in that package scope as ES modules.
Instead rename index.js to end in .cjs, change the requiring code to use import(), or remove “type”: “module” from /meshtastic-client-main/node_modules/@meshtastic/meshtasticjs/package.json.

at new NodeError (node:internal/errors:329:5)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1109:13)
at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:972:32)
at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:813:14)
at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:996:19)
at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:92:18)
at Object.luW6 (/meshtastic-client-main/.next/se

rver/pages/_app.js:1086:18)
at webpack_require (/meshtastic-client-main/.next/server/pages/_app.js:23:31)
at Module.cha2 (/meshtastic-client-main/.next/server/pages/_app.js:820:21)
at Object.0 (/meshtastic-client-main/.next/server/pages/_app.js:99:18)
at /meshtastic-client-main/.next/server/pages/_app.js:91:18
at Object. (/meshtastic-client-main/.next/server/pages/_app.js:94:10)
at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1092:14)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1121:10) {
code: ‘ERR_REQUIRE_ESM’
}
info - Collecting page data .%

meshtastic-client-main % mv /meshtastic-client-main/node_modules/@meshtastic/meshtasticjs/dist/index.js /meshtastic-client-main/node_modules/@meshtastic/meshtasticjs/dist/index.cjs

Wow, I had no idea how limited spiffs was: SPIFFS Filesystem - ESP32 - — ESP-IDF Programming Guide latest documentation

Espressif is moving away from spiffs to LittleFS on the esp8266. They’re further ahead on the 8266 libs than the esp32, so I would assume that LittleFS would eventually come to the esp32. I’m ready to jump to LittleFS once it’s ready.

1 Like