Bluetooth Nexus Fun

I just resurrected an olde ASUS Nexus 7. Had some issues downloading the Meshtastic Android app but it appeared to be installed. Bluetooth scanner on the Nexus does not find the tbeam. I compiled and ran the Android app with Android Studio v4.01 and ran the app on the Nexus via USB developer debugger. The app launches and Bluetooth scanner finds the tbeams (I have 4) but trying to enable the pairing either fails after typing a couple of the code characters, or it appears to pair and then arbitrarily dies somewhere in one of the activities : the app icons go gray and are non-responsive

I suspected a Bluetooth/BLE mismatch or collision but my understanding is that BLE was introduced in Android 4. The Nexus is Android 6.01, which according to the powers that be cannot be upgraded any further.

I’m running 1.1.6 on all the tbeams.

Thoughts ?

Which gen nexus 7? I currently loaded LineageOS (android 10) on my 2013 ( second gen) Nexus 7 tablet.

I’m new to this forum and the meshtastic stuff so i don’t have a way to test the connection. However, the app loads fine on my tablet.

Easy to load, follow the instructions.

1 Like