A question for the programmers would it not make sense for the nodes to automatically switch to Bluetooth if the WiFi connection is lost ? In order to be able to access the node in this case
This is a nice idea, but I think it needs to be sketched out a little bit more.
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a T-Beam connected via Wi-Fi to your AP.
- The T-Beam and your AP is operating properly.
- You microwave some popcorn in the kitchen
- This interferes with the T-Beam’s communication with your AP briefly.
- Once your microwave is done with the popcorn, Wi-Fi communication can resume unimpeded.
The current behavior of the T-Beam would automatically recover from intermittent interference. The new behavior would put the T-Beam into BLE-mode and would not automatically recover.