"Application too old" error on pairing

Trying to pair my first device - all goes well until after entering the pairing pin then I get the “app too old” error. The firmware on the esp is the latest from Github, the Android app - I installed the app from GitHub with same result. Uninstalled and downloaded from Play store, still same error.

Using a Pixel 3XL with Android 11 installed.

1 Like

I assume you need to join the beta on the google play store. Once accepted the Meshtastic app will do an update, and then that message should go away.

Hopefully that’s all it is, Did the same thing to me, and that’s how it was fixed.

Good Luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep. If you are using alpha test builds you’ll need to click on the link to join the Google play beta release. Then Google will give the new version.

1 Like

Btw I’m probably promoting the current Android prereleaae app to general release in the next couple of days.

Joined the Beta. App upgraded and no more error. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m having this problem too, but I’ve been a beta user for a while and it still won’t give me anything newer than 1.1.22

Uninstalled, reinstalled, left, and rejoined the Beta, VPN’ed to the USA still only getting 1.1.22

I’ll try again in the morning…

1 Like

hmm - the current android beta version is 1.1.22 (the android and device versions progress semi independently). That version should be fine. That version told you “application too old”?

Forgive me, I miss-read, the app being too old, thought there was a newer one and rushed to update it.

I’ll update my t-beams now, the three that still have serial connectivity…

1 Like