3 device mesh - error on device connected via USB (python api)

Hi All,

have picked up Meshtastic as a possible solution for our use case for emergency comms and location sharing (30-50 sites distributed over our city Melbourne, Victoria, Australia) - started testing with a couple of TBeams and a Heltec Wireless Stick.

All is “functioning” when sending and receiving messages, but getting an error on one of the TBeams connected via USB to a Windows PC using the Python API.

Have updated the Android app to latest version available today on the play store (0.7.76) and 0.7.5 on the devices.

here is the error that is occurring - let me know if it is something I am doing wrong - also noticed the bluetooth keeps wanting to repair after the Samsung Galaxy S7 connected to one TBeam resumes from sleep.

====
Trigger powerFSM 3
ERROR:root:Node not found for fromId
ERROR:root:Error handling FromRadio, possibly corrupted? 682748492
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “c:\users\localadmin\appdata\local\programs\python\python38\lib\site-packages\meshtastic_init_.py”, line 416, in __reader
self._handleFromRadio(self.rxBuf[HEADER_LEN:])
File "c:\users\localadmin\appdata\local\programs\python\python38\lib\site-packages\meshtastic_init
.py", line 198, in _handleFromRadio
self.handlePacketFromRadio(fromRadio.packet)
File "c:\users\localadmin\appdata\local\programs\python\python38\lib\site-packages\meshtastic_init
.py", line 256, in _handlePacketFromRadio
self._nodesByNum[asDict[“from”]][“position”] = p
KeyError: 682748492

Loving this project - it is very accessible and straightforward for non-programmers to get their LoRa devices functioning without additional playing with sketches.

1 Like

Almost certainly that is a bug in the python API. Can you take a longer log of the output (from the point where you launch the python API to when this occurs) and post them into this new bug I just added. It should be an easy fix for me with that log.